Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Leaving Tobago

Woke up at 8 and finally felt like I got enough sleep. Had breakfast and packed my last few things away; I'm ready for the long drive to the airport! Most everyone else is still going nuts packing since they were out late last night.

I really enjoyed being on Tobago (despite the lack of wifi) and having some time to relax on the beach. We did a lot of really amazing activities. Still, I'm looking forward to being back in my own room, getting to know Tunapuna, and settling in before school starts. I already have a friend who lives here, Giorgio, and I'd like to be able to meet him longer than the few minutes at the Parang last week!

Slept on the bus ride in again until we stopped at Cape Fort George for some pictures. While taking pictures of Brendan a guy with a guitar walked up and started singing and playing to us. He thought we were married and kept singing about how we were lovebirds while we kept laughing and shaking our heads no. Finally we escaped and got back on the bus; just a 15 minute drive to the airport!

Once we checked our bags we picked up lunch at one of the little stores by the airport and waited to board. The flight was quick again, although we had to wait forever for our bags. Once back I got on the computer and skyped with Daniel and my parents as I loaded photos. After our wrap up at 7 the evening was mostly talking and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment